Friday, June 13, 2008

Coming home...

So this is my last blog from South Africa. It has been an amazing experience. I am so glad that I got the opportunity to be here and meet all the people that we have meet in the last 3 weeks. Each and every one of the people that we have met has changed my life in some way. I am going to miss this place and every one here. I know that I will be coming back to the United States with a different perspective on life back home. I am so grateful that the only thing that really went wrong on the trip was that I lost my cell phone at the game reserve. I can't believe it is coming to a close. I am a little scared about coming back because it is going to be tough to explain all that I have seen and experienced over here. But to be honest I am up for the challenge. Apart of me feels like this whole experience has not totally sunk in yet and it will hit me when I get home. But from having a conversation with a good friend that I have met over here, I am ready for this to happen and deal with it as it comes. The conversation I had last night made me realize that I have a lot of opportunity and just need to experience failure and not be scared of it. I feel like I have known this stuff but I just haven't believed it. I feel like for someone else to tell you this stuff is great to hear because I feel like this doesn't happen all that often. I also think that we have a tough time giving postive affirmation to others back home. But every one is just so open and honest and genuine here. It has been amazing. I just don't know exactly what more to say about this experience except thank you so much to every one that I have met here and Aaron for giving me this opportunity to be here as well. Every one here will be missed but I am excited to see everyone back home. Thank you to every one that has made this possible.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well Nate you shall be missed here to and yeah just to thank you again for the cap. Always remember that in life everything happens for a reason and you need to have faith in yourself.
Ps when next do we see you down here Doc?
How was purple turtle?
D