Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I have arrived safely in Venezuela.

Hey all, Just to let you know that I am in Merida Venezuela and things are a little overwhelming right now. I feel like I have lost most of the Spanish I learned last year and my host mom doesn't speak any english. Oh man, it is crazy. But on the good side Venezuela is beautiful. I wake up every morning to the Andes Mountains. It is gorgeous. I will take pictures and try and remember how to post them. It has been a little crazy getting here. First our flight in Miami was delayed by like 2 hours. Oh yeah, I got to the airport at about 4 and our flight left at 9. So much fun. But then the flight from Miami to Caracas was less than 3 hours. It was shorter than the flight from Minnesota to Miami. But the flight from Caracas to Merida was about an hour in a puddlejumper plane. You felt basically everything. Oh yeah and we didn't even land in Merida because the airport doesn't have radar and it was foggy so we landed at another town outside of Merida and took a taxi to Merida. Which I thought I was going to die. For all the people that went with me to South Africa. The taxi driver was worse then Craig. He passed a car in a tunnel and was doing 80 km/h over the speed limit the whole time and didn't slow down around the dangerous curves. I mean it was crazy. But the countryside was beautiful atleast. So I tried watching outside instead of his driving. Oh well. I have to get going. My day starts at 9 today and it is 8:57 am here. I will post more later.

No comments: