Thursday, July 3, 2008

What a first couple of day???

It has been pretty fun so far but I already got the parasite that people usually get when they come here. It has not been good. But Marinela, the head lady of the program down here, went to the pharmacy with me to get some good medicine to get ride of the parasite. Hopefully it will work. We will see tomorrow. It has been interesting here. I had my first day of class today. My instructor only spoke in Spanish. I am basically in class from 8:30 to 2:30 pm and then go home to go eat and then basically do whatever. It was crazy. Hopefully I will pick Spanish up shortly and then I dont have to look stupid. They speak so fast. It has been interesting try to learn the city and the culture. I have to say though that I have never felt on my own in such a long time. I have to pretty much do everything on my own. It has been a weird experience. Hopefully I will pick up on things. Oh well. I will figure things out. It has only been a couple of days. It is just a lot to take in. I have met some pretty cool people here but I still feel like I an on my own. It is crazy. Things are still overwhelming. We are going to meet some Venezuelans tonight to help them with their english and they will help us with our spanish. It will be kind of interesting. I will have to let you all know about it later. It has only been a couple of days, hopefully things start looking up. Alright well I am going to get going. I have to go to this thing at 8 pm. Hope all is well.

No comments: