Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Things are still a little overwhelming....

But I am getting the hang of it down here. Last night, I made it home by myself. I know. It is a big step. And then this morning I made it to school by myself. Things are looking up. But tomorrow, I start classes and they told me that my professor does not speak any english in class so we will see what that is like. Today we are going on a full day excursion. My host mom even packed me a lunch. She is so sweet. I wish I could understand more spanish so I would know more of what she is saying. Also, I wish I could speak spanish better so I could actually have a better conversation with her than I do now. It will come in time. Last night we went on a little tour of Merida. It is such a beautiful town. The mountains are great. It is really different compared to South Africa. The both are beautiful in their own ways. I still am getting use to things around here but know it is going to take some time. But it will work itself out. Oh well. I better cut this one short so I can let others use the computer. Chao for now.

No comments: