Sunday, July 6, 2008

A new country/a whole new life

As I said in an earlier blog, I definitely feel like I am basically on my own here. I know my host mom and the school care for me but I feel like I have basically been thrown into another country to learn spanish and fend for myself. I mean I am up to the challenge if it helps me get done with school faster but it is tough. And it has only been a week. I am pretty sure it will get easier but for now it is been pretty tough.

So for the last couple of days we have gone to downtown Merida and walked around. I feel like I have walked about 14 miles or so in the last couple of days. I mean it is good exercise but man is it hard at this altitude. We went to try and book a 4 day excursion to got on 3 safaris, whitewater rafting, horseback riding, anaconda hunting and parana fishing. I am excited for that because all of our trip will be paid and it is only 267 american dollars. Which includes all our meals and places to stay on top of the other stuff. So I have something to look forward to in a couple of weeks. I just have to get the money transfered to their account. Me and some other students are trying to go to a beach next weekend for the whole weekend. I am excited for that. So, I have some things to look forward to so that helps me get through the days but man it is still tough. Today I am going to try and drop my laundry off at the laundry mat and figure that out. Hopefully that goes well.

Oh well, I hope all is well back home and I am already looking forward to coming back even though I have 5 weeks to go. I just feel like I have been gone forever. Ok, well I have to go figure out the laundry thing. I will try and post pictures on Monday when I get back to the school. Lately I have been using a computer at a telephone place so I haven´t even thought about posting pictures and stuff. Chao for now.

1 comment:

Grumpy Cake King said...

Hey bru sounds like you are having an interesting/different time..GOOD! Take advantage of every minute you have there..you know how fast 3 weeks goes...6 isnt that much more! Now I realize why people wanted me to update my blog so much..so stay on it man, have an amazing time, and ill see ya when you get back

Cheers
TJ